how i work
what i do
When I edit your content, there are several elements to be checked. Each client will have differing proofreading and copyediting requirements but, typically, I will:
- Ensure that the tone and style are appropriate for the audience.
- Check for essential errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Make minor changes to improve sense and flow (not rewriting).
- Ensure that all page elements are consistent and correctly positioned (eg page numbers and spacing).
- Apply style decisions consistently (eg use of ise/ize, capitalisation and use of hyphens).
- Ensure that tables and illustrations have the correct captions and are consecutively numbered and positioned.
- Check that any references and citations are correctly formatted.
- Ensure any index is consistently formatted.
If your business or organisation has a style guide I will work in accordance with that. If you don’t, I can help you produce a suitable guide.
Click the button to find out more about my proofreading and copyediting services.
How I Work
Any changes are made using the ‘track changes’ function in Microsoft Word or by annotating a PDF with comment and mark-up tools.